- Graduating Suffield High School senior
- Resident of Suffield
- Acceptable academic record
- Has made contributions to the community in, or through, organizations that support the safety, commonweal, or overall quality of community life in Suffield
- Contributions through volunteerism or paid positions in town are both acceptable
- Curriculum pursued must have been in pursuit of prerequisites need for admission to a two- or four-year degree (or certificate) program in an accredited school
- Special consideration will be accorded to applicants who demonstrate they have overcome unusual obstacles in their aspiration for higher education.
- Award is given on basis of merit and extent to which applicant meets criteria; financial need is not a criterion